Dear Senior Athletes – Welcome to our new Encore Games – a Second Chance to Qualify – web page www.encoregames.org. We are delighted to offer all senior athletes a second chance to qualify for the 2015 Summer National Senior Games in Minneapolis. (www.nsga.com). And we expect to send a large contingent of California athletes to the 2015 Games!
This is the first time we are able to offer this event. The California Senior Games Association (CSGA) Board of Directors, voted to hold this event in venues in the Wine Country and in the San Francisco Bay Area. This year, the first State Championships qualifier was held in Pasadena in June.
The sports and venues in the Wine Country are:
- Golf –Windsor Golf Club, Windsor- Nov. 7th
- Pickleball – Finley Center, Santa Rosa- Nov. 7-10
- Volleyball – (men and women) – Santa Rosa Junior College Nov. 8-9
- Cycling – Cloverdale Train Depot, Cloverdale- Nov. 8
- Bowling – Double Decker Lanes, Rohnert Park -Nov 8-9
The sports and venues in the San Francisco Bay Area are:
- Archery – Black Mountain Bowman, San Jose- Nov 8-9
- Badminton – California Badminton Academy – Nov. 15 Register now »
- Race Walk – College of San Mateo – Nov. 9
- Table Tennis – Pong Planet, San Carlos – Nov. 15
- Tennis – Palo Alto – Nov.7- 8
- Swimming – Martin Luther King Pool, San Francisco (indoor) Nov. 16
- Basketball – Cubberley Community Center, Palo Alto (men and women)- Nov.8
- Racquetball – Palo Alto Elks Club 4249 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306 – Nov 8-9
- Track & Field – College of San Mateo – Nov. 9
The NSGA requires that the 5K and 10K race be on the road, not on a track, we are planning to make arrangements with existing races to offer a Senior Games division that will allow runners to qualify. As soon as races are confirmed, we will post on this site.
Qualifying information is listed below each sport and located on the registration form
The paper registration form is available on line to download.
Hotel Accommodations offering athletes special rates are located on the website. Be sure to book early.
Anne Warner Cribbs
Chair, California Senior Games Association